Youth Worx, was previously known as Lithgow Youth Housing. It was established in 1983 to provide medium term accommodation and support for young people who have no secure and safe place to stay. We help with housing and provide emotional support to people between the ages of 16 and 24, and we provide a number of group programs and support to young people between the ages of 12 and 16.
How can we help?
- Medium term housing in the community for young people, or help to find other temporary and safe accommodation
- Help with information about depression, domestic violence, sexual assault, or other difficulties
- Referrals and assistance to work with other government and non government agencies such as Centrelink, Dept Education, Housing NSW, Family and Community Services etc.
- Practical support to secure independent accommodation, find and set up a new home, manage debts, access legal services or medical assistance
- Workers who can listen and help you to find a way to manage problems you may be facing
- Court support
- Counselling for when things just seem too overwhelming or confusing
- Life skills such as cooking, budgeting, cleaning, job searching etc.
- Case Management: which means help to sort out how you want your life to be and what will help you get there
- Support for families of young people who are experiencing difficulties
You can view the Youthworx Brochure here.