Women & Children's Crisis Centre
LWCCC was established in 1989 by a group of volunteers to provide support to women and their children who were experiencing domestic violence, or who were at risk of becoming homeless due to other life crises.
How can LWCCC help?
- Risk assessments and safety planning to stay in your home or if needed emergency and transitional housing or help to find other temporary and safe accommodation
- Help with information about domestic violence, relationships, parenting, sexual assault, child abuse, housing, or other difficulties
- Referrals and assistance to work with other support agencies
- Practical support Eg: improve security in current home, secure independent accommodation, manage debts, access legal services or medical assistance, court support
- Emotional support: our staff are here to support you and your children, we have a counsellors on staff who are aware of the trauma resulting form domestic violence, child abuse, and sexual assault
- Case Management: we can assist you in making the changes needed to live your life the way you really want to.
- Groups for children and women such as children's art and music groups, and women's craft and social groups. Contact 6351 2230 for more information.
You can view the Womens & Childrens Crisis Centre brochure here.