Lithgow Community Projects, Inc.
Lithgow Community Projects is the governing body of a range of projects which has at its foundations providing homelessness services. LCP's core funding is obtained from the Specialist Homelessness Program administered by Family and Community Services and is funded to deliver the Lithgow Homelessness and Housing Support Service. Within this package are a number of specialist services as outlined below and a range of generalist roles that operate across the organisation.
Women and Children's Crisis Centre
We work from a client-centred perspective:
- Support - we provide information, advocacy, referral, brokerage, and/or accommodation services using a case management approach.
- Hope - our aim is to assist people to explore options, develop their own goals and conscious decision making processes.
- Connection - we work together to assist people to connect with internal and external resources and to develop positive relationships with the wider community.
- Social justice - connecting people to knowledge and services which improve their awareness of broader social issues and how this may impact their life and choices.
In addition to the Women and Children’s Crisis Centre, Youthworx and Yawarra, LCP provides many other services, programs and groups for the community including:
- Support services – LCP provides support services assisting homeless or at risk adult singles, couples or families to find and maintain housing through collaborative case planning and management.
- Tenancy Support – In partnership with Wentworth Community Housing, LCP provides practical support to clients whose tenancy has been identified as “at risk”. Support is provided via case management to address the issues that may be impacting their tenancy. This program is voluntary and provides further support for newly housed clients to sustain their tenancy.
- Crossroads - The Crossroads program is a supported accommodation option for clients who are having difficulty obtaining a tenancy in the private rental market. Accommodation support is provided via case management for a limited time to enable clients the opportunity to sustain a tenancy and develop a reference.
- Counselling – Staff at LCP provide emotional support to adults and families with a counsellor on the LCP team who is aware of the trauma resulting from domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.
- A variety of groups for women, children and young people.
(c) Lithgow Community Projects, Inc. 2014